What a weekend this will be! First of all, let me just say, as my family and close friends know, that I am not a painter/construction person/or handy person in any way.

Friday night at 6 PM and Saturday morning at 8 AM we are having Painting Parties here at Friendship Community Church. Parties I understand, but painting is not my thing. But I want to support what is happening and all the people who will come and do know how to paint, so I will be here for the Parties.

I will move stuff and make coffee and do little things ... but no painting. (Maybe I'll surprise myself...but I doubt it.) I will be reminded of how important it is to help and support others.

I do look forward to the burgundy walls that will be adding color in the lobby. I am so glad for the hallways to be brightened with a fresh coat of paint (5 1/2 years since we moved into this building is a long time in "paint" years). And the front of the worship center will no longer be white...it will be a better background that will draw attention to what is on the screen and what is on the stage. Yes, the front wall will be black like a theatre set would be. It will allow us to bring people's attention to God's word on the screen, lyrics of praise and worship, and just watch how our cross on the stage will "pop" with color when it is against a black background.

So yes, I am looking forward to the finished project, and to talking with and helping the helpers all weekend. Sounds like a God thing to do.

And if you are a painter, or willing to serve those who are, come out and join in the fun.

Comments