Showing God's love to people in ways that will change lives is what I'm about. I try to do this in the way that I plan and lead worship on the weekends at Friendship Community Church and in the ways I connect with people daily.

I have been interested in reaching people through starting new churches for quite awhile now. Two churches that have started in the past 3-4 years are the Liberty Community Church in Manassas, Virginia, and Higher Hope Church in Horseheads, New York.

I have had the opportunity to get to know Thom Redmond at Liberty Community Church and some people from the church here at Friendship initially went down to help on some of the opening Sundays. I haven't had the opportunity to get to know Mike Schooley of the Higher Hope Church but it has been my pleasure to get to know him and his church by the hours of looking at video footage and editing it for this video presentation. These churches are unique yet each looking to touch people for Jesus in their own communities, and around the world.

This video was prepared for presentation at the denomination's annual conference (Churches of God Eastern Region of the General Conference) on April 28-30, 2008 at Doubling Gap Center, Newville, PA. I tried to make it a presentation that would help those present there gain insight into these two churches, and I hope that along the way it might touch others about the need to plant new churches and for all of us, as individuals, to take the time to reach out to someone in the name of Jesus.

So I invite you to watch the video, it's over 13 minutes long which I know is a long time for online viewing, and see what you think. And if you want to get involved in church planting let me know and I'll help connect you.

Comments