I just checked my e-mail after getting home from church and discovered ads, jokes, ... and a request for prayer.

What a summary of life. There are ads all around us to buy this or that, try this or that, go here or there...

And jokes spice up our lives to add a smile when we need it and even when we didn't realize we did. I'm thankful for humor in life.

And prayer requests? Someone needing prayer not only connects me with a friend in need but also reminds me of God's goodness to me so many times.

This past year as I faced surgery twice for my thyroid, and what turned out to be cancer, I was so grateful for prayers on my behalf. God was so good to bring me through with just a "little" cancer and continues to be with me as I go through life. Prayer support was so wonderful.

So I continue in my life with ads, jokes, and prayer requests...and more, because of the power of God at work through the Holy Spirit.

Comments