Yesterday afternoon I spent a little time walking down memory lane. I went through a file I have of programs/schedules from an event I used to attend in Findlay, Ohio each year called Workshop. It was for teenagers and I first attended it in 1965...I was a week or so shy of being 15 then. I made a lot of great friends there over the years as I grew up and helped at the event by singing and being on staff and eventually getting to be one of the directors. I attended 25 in a row, through 1989.

I experienced so many things there because it was a place that I looked forward to going back to each year. Seeing old friends, making new ones, and feeling comfortable in a life that wasn't always comfortable. I moved lots of times over those years but returning to Findlay was like a safe haven. Connecting with good friends and Jesus. There were good speakers and good music but the best was the friendship and the times spent with God.

Maybe you have a memory like that. It could be a path you walk down, a tree you used to climb and now sit under or lean against, an event you attend, a family get-together, a class reunion, or regular talks on the phone...or now chats on the Internet or connecting on Facebook.

It's nice to have a past memory to reflect on. Oh, and the picture here is of myself and some friends from the summer of 1970 at Workshop. I'm the second one in from the left.

Comments