This morning I have been reading. First the Bible, a good place to start--finished up the Old Testament book of Ezra. Those guys had it rough trying to rebuild the temple and restore their relationship with God.

Then I pulled out magazines that I "need" to read. I read/skimmed through the Nov./Dec. 2008 issue of Outreach. Good article on The Joy of Sacrifice about Francis Chan. He and his family moved from a nice 2,000 square foot California home into an old, beat-up 1,000 square foot home to give more to the poor around them and around the world. A lot of Christians didn't understand why he would do this. He's speaking at a conference I am going to in April so that should be good to learn more. And I could find a book by him, Crazy Love. Ever notice how reading one book or article often leads to another one?

Then I moved on to Collide magazine. I'm still working through it but I came across a brief article on iamsecond.com . I went on their site and there are a whole lot of videos of people telling their stories of learning to be second, to put God first. Stories of addiction, bad marriages, etc. told simply by the people who lived the stories. Check out a story or two, you can even interact with the site.

OK, so it's time to dive back into reading. Never know what I'll discover.

By the way, here's a video of Francis Chan. He says some powerful things.

Comments