One day to go before Election Day 2008. Usually I have these kinds of things all figured out but I have to say that this year I am one of those "undecided" voters that are said to be so important to the candidates. Our house has received so many mailings and automated phone calls from the candidates and their followers that we are certainly ready for all of this to be over so we can have our mail box and answering machine back.

In years past I was often convinced that if a certain candidate won that it would be the end of civilized society as we knew it (well, not quite that bad but close).

Now I have come to see that it is important who is elected from the state house to the white house but that the good of mankind doesn't rise or fall on an election. Of course I always knew that, but it just "felt" like an election was of utmost importance.

This year I may be undecided on who to vote for, though I would even surprise myself if I didn't vote for one particular candidate, but I do know without reservation who holds the future of this state, this country, this world, and this universe.

God alone will lead us forward. God alone will decide when all of this ends. God alone cast the deciding ballot for mankind by sending His Son, Jesus, to earth to die for our sins. If I don't vote in the election I will not lose my salvation. If I vote for the "wrong" candidate I will still go to heaven.

But if I don't cast my ballot for Jesus I will miss everything that God has in store for me. That would be a disaster. Even the rantings of political "spinners" couldn't get me into heaven.

And so once again on this day, the day before Election Day 2008, I cast my ballot for Jesus. I say once again to God that I am going to trust in Jesus for my future and work to make a difference with my life here on earth.

Yes, I will vote and I might get it wrong (gee, it only took me 58 years to admit to that one), but I got it right the first time I said "YES" to Jesus and I continue to get it right each day that I live for Him.

Comments