You never know what you will find when you look in the newspaper. Today I grabbed a paper to read as I sat down for lunch at McDonald's. I read through the front section and as I moved on in the paper I saw a picture of a friend who is starting a new church in York, PA.

His name is Don Record and he is beginning actionchurch. Well, truthfully he is not beginning it, it has already begun. For the last year Don has been meeting people and reaching out to help people in various ways. This is the heart of actionchurch, to be a group of Christ followers who aren't content to sit around and talk religion. Actionchurch is named as it is to remind all of us that to follow Christ is a call to action. We all need to reach out and help someone.

In the background of the picture is Dennis Hall, Pastor at Friendship Community Church where I work as Worship Pastor. Dennis and I met Don in Washington D.C. a few months back at a seminar. Now we are encouraged by Don and his desire to plant a church, and we are encouraging Don in this adventure of his. It's great that we are all on the same team.

Comments

Don Record said…
We can't thank you guys enough for all the encouragement and wise council you have offered us! Friendship Community Church truly lives up to it's name! What are the "odds" that I would meet a couple of guys in D.C. from my hometown who have more church planting experience than I will probably ever have. I certainly don't think that is an "accident".

By the way the blog looks great...I'm adding you to my google reader so I can follow along.