Seeing Clearly. Sometimes.


Sometimes I think I see things very clearly. I wrestle with how to express what I see because I know that others don't see it the same way.  These days regardless of what someone shares there is someone else who is going to twist it. Someone who will turn it into whatever their own agenda is. It’s something all of us are capable of.

I get that we see things differently. But don't assume that because we do that I am not a Christian. I really am bothered when some people call people of a different belief not a Christian. Next time you are ready to put something out there that says all ____ are not Christians please stop and look at my picture. I will look at yours.

Christians see things differently without losing their faith. If you don't believe that then I just invite you to look at the Bible and see that people are Christians based on believing in and on the Lord Jesus Christ. All who call on His Name. Jesus didn't ask people to hate the Roman government. He didn't ask people to overthrow it.

Jesus didn't ask people to condemn an adulterous woman, to stone her. He loved her. He did not condemn her. He called her to change. To follow the better way.

Let's stop throwing the first stone, or joining in with those throwing stones. The point Jesus was making was not only that she needed to go and stop doing the sin she was doing, but that we need to realize that we ourselves are not without sin. The only one there who could have thrown the stone because he was perfect instead offered forgiveness. And another big point actually was that he loved her the way she was while still calling her to a better way.

The Pharisees were bullies. They were on so many occasions. I remember how it feels to be bullied. I don't want to be that person. I don't want to be a bully and think I have to put someone in their place, to put them down, to hurt them in any way.

This brings me back to dealing with my own feelings when I see something clearly but know that others see it differently. I get that we disagree on issues. But please know my heart.

I just want to love Jesus. I just want to follow him with all of my heart. I want that for you too but not just for you. Endless arguments push people away from God and I know that is not what I want and I hope it's not what you want.

So pray. Pray for me. I really want to love Jesus and reflect hope to you. We desperately need hope. I know I do. And Jesus offers that to all of us.

Comments