Not fearful. Not foolish.

The pandemic is real. Just because we shouldn't go overboard and be completely fearful doesn't make it less real.
Usually, I don't get to save a life or help someone's health. When I do it is usually more immediate. But just because being smart now and being more healthful won't bring results I can see now or perhaps ever, doesn't mean I shouldn't do what I can now and in the future.
The life you and I improve may be the life of a nurse or doctor who isn't overwhelmed this summer at a hospital by people who are very ill. We may save the life of a stranger and we'll never know it.
I for one would rather be cautious and potentially not only save a life but also the pain of the many who won't die but will get very sick.
So don't panic. Trust in God. Jesus healed because people were sick, for real. Pray for people.
If it doesn't get as bad as it might that's a good thing, not a cause for derision.
Please be safe my friends. I care. We may disagree on the details of all this but please take it seriously. You just might save the life and/or well-being of your neighbor and you'll never know. That's ok. God knows.

Comments