Papers, memories, and grace

Yesterday I decided to go through paper files. I don't have a lot of them any more but I started in a little and then ended up keeping going.

I have pictures and cards of/from my family and those were fun to see. I found poetry and music from myself and others.

I have an Affirmation file that my good friend Jim Moss, Sr. advised me to start years ago. In that I read cards and notes and letters from people over the years who affirmed me. I admit it, it was good to get those when they first arrived over the years and great to have now to remember the good times and good people.

From Findlay Workshop I have 25 years of schedules, my very first name tag I got (1965), a few pictures, and even a couple of letters I wrote to myself when we did that on the Thursday night. All those in one file and lots more memories in my heart.

I have original manuscripts of songs I wrote mostly by hand.

And now...poems, letters, sermons, and more by my Dad.

Lots of favorite files but one that at least a few of my friends would enjoy... Books. It is a hand written file, year by year from January 1978 through now, January 2016. Now it also lists books I listen to as well as those read.

That file lists the times I have read through the Bible. Thirty times in thirty five years. I keep reading through it and sometimes it takes longer than a year. You would think after reading it that much I would get it all right. Nope, but the power of grace becomes more and more important to me.

So that's where this long note ends. The picture of the office with folders and papers all around reminds me of how life can be. Bits and pieces of memories and experiences. All brought together in the grace of God. God loves me so much.

And you know what? God loves you too!



Comments