One Morning on Facebook

about.me/richthornton
One morning on Facebook someone posted: "I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways." Psalm 119:14-15.

When I read the word "statutes" I saw "statuses" instead. It was the "Facebooking" of the scripture I suppose.  I then thought about it and it is true that "I rejoice in following your statuses, God, as one rejoices in great riches." God has a new post every morning, and all through the day he posts again and again...inviting us to read them and rejoice in following them.

May I not only see/read/acknowledge the statuses of God today but may I rejoice in following them.  May I meditate on God's precepts (commandments, instructions, orders intended as an authoritative rule of action) and consider the ways of God.  When I do this, my life will be enriched beyond measure.  Doing this long enough you might not even recognize me even more.  Or perhaps you will see the "rich"-ness in my life that God always intended.  

I'm glad my mind saw "statuses" instead of "statutes" that morning. Perhaps God intended to remind me of who I am and who I am called to be.  Time to quit making excuses and start living full out for God.  The great riches of God are worth rejoicing in.  Time to stop living like God is a pauper and start living in the knowledge that I am the child of the King.  

But don't look for a new paraphrase of the Bible from me called The Facebook Bible anytime soon.

Comments