This morning I got a newsletter from Midnight Oil Productions. They have a monthly freebie of a graphic or video and since I like quality and I like free, I decided to zip on over to their site from the link in my newsletter.

I watched the video and listened to the very cool voice over or under depending on which seems the most important to you. So of course I wanted to get it for free, hey who wouldn't, and I typed in my username and e-mail address. Well, it seems that the e-mail address matched but not my username or password. So I needed them to send me my password but the system wouldn't allow it without my typing in my username with my e-mail address. Well, I already told you that I don't know my username either apparently so I couldn't retrieve it.

Did I give up? No way. I thought to myself "I'll just register again." So I started through the registration, which is quite simple on their site, but was told in an appropriate font that my e-mail address was already registered with them so I couldn't sign up with them again with that address.

OK, now this is getting funny (well, not haha funny, a different kind of funny). After decades online I have accumulated many old, unused, e-mail addresses. But I don't check them much and some never so I didn't want to have to go to another place to check an old e-mail account. (If you happen to be an old e-mail account please don't take this personally.)

So I went on-line on their site and sent an e-mail and described this process and asked how I could possibly get to use their products. I think I was very nice, but then I would.

So...if a machine reads that e-mail don't expect to be able to use the Midnight Oil Productions website soon because it will probably crash. If a human reads my note, which is what will hopefully happen and I think will most probably, possibly occur, then I will assuredly, I live in hope, get an answer and a way to get on their site.

All this for a freebie. And to look at their other superb products and be able to buy them if I so choose.

In any case, this is a dynamic, well that may be to strong a word, illustration of something and an anecdote for the future as well as today. Perhaps a video retelling with a quality video and a nice audio over or under, I still don't know.

Comments