Last night I enjoyed seeing my daughter Emily, a Junior at Dover High School, in the York County Junior Miss Program (not a pageant :) Twenty-eight girls from across the county sang, danced, signed, acted, etc. and shared what is important to them. Lots of talent all over the stage at Central York High School.

Emily sang and accompanied herself on the guitar for her talent presentation. She did a great job and I was so proud of her, not just then but all through the program. She really lights up a stage (OK, I know I'm prejudiced but I'm allowed).

It was great to share the night with Diane and Rosie and Jess, a friend of Emily's. A teacher also came to see her and the two others from Dover. And the various families congratulated each of the girls for the wonderful job they did.

Emily won a scholarship as one of the two winner's of the Scholastic Award. No surprise for me there...she is a quite the bright young woman.

It's really cool to see my daughters grow and mature into beautiful, smart, and talented young women. Last night was Emily's night to shine, and she did.

Comments