This morning as I was preparing to lead worship I was reading the Bible and thinking of whether there was anything in particular that I wanted to share between songs, etc. Pastor Dennis Hall was sharing on "Death and Resurrection" and I thought of something that I think relates to our experiences with relating to death and and how we can face it.

Max Lucado in his book "It's Not About Me" tells of a time when his Uncle had died and people were crying. He writes:

"But then I look up. I see my father.

He turns his face toward me and smiles softly. "It's okay, son," he assures, laying a large hand on my leg. Somehow I know it is. Why it is, I don't know. My family still wails. Uncle Buck is still dead. But if Dad in the midst of it all, says its okay, then that's enough.

At that moment I realized something. I could look around and find fear, or look at my father and find faith. I chose my father's face. So did Moses. So can you."

(It's Not About Me, Max Lucado, page 21)

Comments